Restaurant General Manager - Doral, FL
A General Manager (GM) is responsible for providing the leadership role to the Managers and Team Members in the restaurant. He/she upholds the Romano’s Macaroni Grill standards for food and beverage quality, Team Member engagement, financial achievement, Standard Operating Procedures and the Guest experience. He/she coaches and directs the Managers and Team Members towards the achievement of these standards. He/she communicates information with clarity and detail. He/she is responsible for the people planning needs, including selection of quality Team Members. The GM administers Team Member and Management training programs and provides direction towards the achievement of their personal and professional goals. A GM assigns and defines areas of responsibility for the restaurant Managers, establishes guidelines and sets deadlines for the completion of assignments. The GM directs the Management Team and Team Members towards the achievement of the restaurant’s financial goals. The GM promotes an attitude of pride, cooperation and success in the restaurant.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Thorough understanding of all Dining Room and Kitchen systems and operations; must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in all aspects of the restaurant.
• Provides direction, coaching and leadership for all Managers.
• Provides direction, coaching and leadership for all Team Members.
• Communicates effectively with the Management Team.
• Assigns areas of responsibility for each Manager, communicating expectations and following up on a regular basis during one on one conversations.
• Responsible for establishing and appropriately communicating goals to the Area Director on a regular basis. This includes: daily accountability of restaurant sales, actions taken on projects, progress on company initiatives, situations discussed in Manager meetings, Guest comments, restaurant staffing and labor, Manager and Manager in Development performance and financial results.
• Writes the Manager Schedule two weeks prior to the beginning of the Period.
• Ensures Team Member and Manager schedules support the positive performance of the restaurant by verifying the right people in place and par levels are scheduled according to labor planning forecasts.
• Uses Developmental Action Plans and coaching to develop those under him/her to become better Managers and Team Members.
• Plans and leads All‐Team Member meetings.
• Ensures dress code standards are 100% for all Managers and Team Members.
• Communicates effectively with vendors, addressing concerns as needed.
• Ensures Hourly Team Member Performance Management Cycle is being followed.
• Ensures yearly Salaried Performance Management process is being effectively followed.
• Writes and delivers all Manager Performance Management reviews.
• Verifies the Team Member training program and its effectiveness. Conducts New Team Member Orientations.
• Provides a safe working environment for Managers and Team Members through the use of the Safety Program.
• Accountable for the financial performance of the restaurant.
• Verifies local contracts by the service provided and the fiscal outlay.
• Responsible for inventory control for all P&L cost centers.
• Ensures weekly inventories and reconciles findings.
• Implements planning that results in improved financial (sales and cost centers) performance in all areas of the operation. Follows up on all financial action plans.
• Culinary school or previous culinary management experience a plus.
• High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
• Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required – must be able to attract, train and retain the very best Managers and Team Members in the industry.
• Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest.
• Exercise integrity in all areas of the restaurant operation.
• Ability to define, measure and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurant – with a focus on cost of sales, inventory and labor.
• One to two years of management experience preferred.
• Full‐service restaurant management experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, hands-on environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with all Managers, Hourly Team Members, and Guests.
• High School diploma or equivalent required; four year degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of restaurant management experience required.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The Team Member will be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.