Culinary Manager - Wellington, FL
The Culinary Manager is responsible for all functions on an opening, mid or closing shift to include guest relations, supervision of all staff and staffing levels, proper restaurant ambiance, food & beverage quality and safety. The Culinary Manager selects, hires, trains and supervises the culinary staff. The Culinary Manager manages food inventories, labor and sanitation and keeps all equipment in shipshape. The Culinary Manager helps every team member provide guests with top-quality food that's always perfectly prepared and presented.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Culinary Manager will be knowledgeable of and accountable to all Standard Operating Procedures related to executing a kitchen shift. Success in these areas is essential to our overall goal of profitably increasing guest counts.
• Meets or exceeds company and health department standards.
• Upholds company food safety policies and procedures.
• Meets or exceeds company standards for maintaining equipment, small wares and general kitchen
• Follows Safety and Security procedures as outlined in Romano’s Macaroni Grill safety guidelines.
• Executes Guest Window Training, Core Menu Training and Chef Specials selections.
• Coaches & Develops Culinary Skills & Behaviors of Managers and Team Members.
• Follow the safety rules provided in the Safety Program found in the employee Orientation Manual and report any safety hazards to management immediately.
• Manages product to ensure that we receive, store & prepare only the freshest & highest quality ingredients.
• Ensures 100% recipe execution.
• Meets or exceeds the brand average Guest Experience Review (GXR) results in temperature of food & taste of food.
• Uses Standard Operating Procedures for inventory, ordering, receiving and storage of all food and restaurant supplies.
• Writes and executes schedules that maintain acceptable productivity and profitability.
• Delivers financial results of Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) that meet or exceed company standards.
• Investigates, identifies, and solves root causes of comped food items.
• Complete other duties as assigned in support of the business.
Qualifications and Abilities
• At least 2 of kitchen leadership experience preferred
• Culinary school or college preferred
• High school degree or equivalent
• ServSafe Certification required
• Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required
• Strong culinary desire/abilities
• Operates with a high level of integrity
• Strong time management and organization skills
• Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and may exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
• Regularly lifts up to 25 pounds, frequently lifts up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.