Here are some additional social media tips, tricks and tools to help get the most out of your social media efforts.
- Video. Embed Videos by pasting YouTube or Vimeo links directly into Tweet.
- Twitter Lists. Use Twitter Lists to keep an eye on competitors without having to follow them. If this is how you are going utilize the Lists feature, make sure to keep the list private when creating it. This is just one way to use Twitter Lists, here are 22 more.
- Twitter Tools. Use a tool like twitNERD or any number of tools to find out who to follow by keyword, who you follow that doesn’t follow you back etc. etc.
- Shorten URLS. Shorten the links to articles using a URL shortner tool like bit.ly.
- Hashtags. Create a unique hashtag to use across all platforms. This could be for the business in general or to promote something specific like an event. The hashtag generator is great place to start.
- Photo Stack. Instead of just posting photos, post your images through an album instead. This allows you to retain your engagement throughout the life of the album. What this means is that once you start an album, add a few photos to it, have it collect engagement, the next time you post to this album, your post will start with the previous engagement it has received throughout the life of the album instead of starting back at zero engagement each time. This is important because the more engagement you have, the better the chances your post will be seen by more people. Click here to learn more.
- Tabs. Add tabs to your other profiles using a tool like Woobox, or an email newsletter by integrating your Mailchimp account.
- Ads. Take advantage of the most powerful ads platform available today, Facebook Ads!
- Get Creative. Show your creative edge and highlight your locations, employees and give a behind the scenes view of your operation.
- Complete Profile. If you have a YouTube page, be sure to complete the obvious tasks like filling out your profile completely. This means fill out the about section and include a cover photo image. In addition to that, here are 3 more tips to make sure your profile is optimized as possible.
- Tags. Be sure to include relevant tags for your videos, and be sure to include a unique one as well, much like a unique hashtag. This will tell YouTube to show your other videos in the recommended videos when viewers are watching one of your videos. Here some additional tips for getting more video views on YouTube.
- Image Size. There is an endless amount of social media resources out there and of course we can help answer questions you may have, but one of the most simple and import resources we like to use is the Always Up-to-Date Guide to Social Media Image Sizes from SproutSocial.